“Forward with Faith” is the message I, Sister Pimentel, gave the missionaries this past week. I described the experience President Pimentel and I had with the youth of our stake as we participated in a Pioneer Trek. Just like the pioneers of old, we wore pioneer clothing, cooked food outdoors and slept under the stars. We helped the youth push and pull a handcart loaded with the group's belongings. It was hot and the trail was rough and it was hard work. Then I began to wonder, “Why am I doing this?” The realization was that I, and so many other adults, did this because of the youth. We did it because of our love for them and our testimony of the reestablished Gospel of Jesus Christ. We wanted the youth to feel what we feel and to know what we know. This experience taught about faith, hard work, helping each other, sacrifice and more.
As missionaries we too may have times when we are hot, uncomfortable and wonder why we are serving. When we have these feelings we need to remember that it is because we love the people of Germany. We want them to feel what we feel and to know what we know – that God lives, Jesus is the Christ and the gospel of Jesus Christ has been reestablished on the earth today. As said by President Monson, “Remember this is the Lord’s work, and we are on the Lord’s errand…we are entitled to the Lord’s help.” The heavens rejoice because of our work. Let us go “forward with faith.”